Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS Update error !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavoo

Programmer
Sep 15, 2001
HK
Hello there,
Recently we upgraded the CPU from Intel Celeron 466 to Celeron 900 MHz / 100 MHz System Bus CPU (128 MB cache). & the SD RAM from 64MB to 192.
Everything is working fine but when the PC is started it gives an error maeesage that &quot;<BIOS:> BIOS update data incorrect. CPUID = 0000068A, PCI device listing&quot;

After that it's resumes and work as normal. Is it harmful for the machine? Please advice how to update to the new BIOS setting.

Thanks....
Wavoo I.

The reason that you are seeing this is, that the BIOS information (on the MAINBOARD) is out of date.
You added the NEW Celeron, and it CPU code isn't recognized. NO big deal. It won't bother anything, I have seen this before, and never had any problems.

However, if you want that message to go away, you have to FLASH THE BIOS...... *NOT* recommend by myself. Only for pros. You mess it up, your mainboard is toast. Burnt Toast.

If you flash the BIOS - and your Mainboard manufacturer supplied the right information, then the NEW Celeron CODE should be included in that BIOS, and all will be well.

My recommendation then is, &quot;if it ain't broke&quot; - leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back