Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS Recovery in service

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
Hello,
one of the employes brought me a Sony Vaio VGN A195EP laptop (PCG 8q8m) saying that cannot boot after coming from vacation. In fact it's a BIOS system password that he claims he never set up. I called SONY here but they say I have to ship it back to Italy (to the SONY provider) for this issue. Is there any way of recovering/reseting the BIOS password?
Thank you.

Due to the high theft rate of laptops this is a scheme that makers have used to prevent easy re-entry.

Normally, producing the correct documentation that matches registration records at an authorized service center is all that is required. I am not familiar with having to ship it.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Thank you for your answer. The problem was solved. His daughter remebered the password. Indeed, it was a tricky situation.
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back