Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS PASSWORD WIPE OR CLEAR ON COMPUTER LAPTOP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olumighty

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2020
AE
Please I need help on how to wipe or clear BIOS password on computer laptop. It’s urgent please I have tried many things on Youtube and yet none work. If there is any software that can clear the BIOS password and restore the computer laptop or desktop back to factory settings or default.

Thanks.

They have gotten MUCH, MUCH better at locking down the BIOS these days. Gone are the days where you could just bridge a jumper or remove a battery. If you have tried all of the solutions you found on YouTube, your only remaining choice might be to contact the vendor. Some will provide you with a program to run or a backdoor code to apply that will only work with that one machine. You may need to provide proof of obtaining it legally.

I just recently gave up on trying to reset the BIOS PW on two laptops. So I feel your pain. Sorry I can't offer any hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back