Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIOS does not have any way to disable the onboard video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignovaky

Technical User
Nov 4, 2007
US
Ok. This unit is a E-machine w3107 with a K8MC5IG motherboard. I was going to upgrade the video card. It has a PCI Express expantion slot so i thought this would be fairly simple, that was a week ago. The problem is it just will not reconize the new card, a GeForce 7300le. I have disabled the onboard card in the device manager but donnot see the new card. All the copy & paste fixes from e-machine.com chat support are useless because once to the BIOS port of the change over the options they want me to change donnot exist in my BIOS menu. It just will not leave the on board alone so the PCI-E slot will pick up the new hardware. I have trie everything! I have never run accros a BIOS that had zero video display options. Any suggesttions are appreciated.

Is there an option for shared memory size? Can you set it to 0? That was one way of doing it on some boards.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Some also have an onboard jumper. Check the manual and see. Look up the manual for the motherboard though, dont try using the cheap one that came with the computer as it will most likely be useless lol.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Can you upgrade the bios to a newer release that might allow you to diable it?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back