Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Biological databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackthunder

Programmer
Jan 24, 2001
SG
Hai,
I am doing research in Datamining in Medical databases.

Can any one advice me what will be the best GUI tool for the data input. Presently I am using PowerBuilder 7.0 with Informix SQL server and NT workstations.

I want to make it web enabled with HTML CSS is it practical ?

I dont know much about the subject but thought at least some comments would be more helpful than none at all.

I dont know how you plan on doing the data input. What format does the data come in. Working from spreadsheets is OK, then try and import the spreadsheets.

To be web enabled the Data Mining server must have something called ISAPI. Its something that lets it fit into a web server.

Hai,
Seems like we are on the similar track.

I am doing a enterprise wide project for the medical databases data mining as a part of my master's project.

I am using a web interface as I want to do it open source and non-propreitery.

Please let me know if we can form a on-line discussion port for addressing our troubles and trouble shooting.

Dr.Goutham
techdoc@onebox.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back