Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bind to Object collection in different assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sactowngirl

Programmer
May 30, 2008
Hello!

I recently migrated my a 2008 .NET web application into a 2010 .NET web application. I have installed the CR 2011 runtime and CR for VS support pack #4. After all this, I have not been able to add more tables to my reports (new or existing). Since my business objects are in a different assembly (called BusinessEntities), I had to create a shell class that is derived from each of the entity class in the external assembly and put them in the AppCode folder of the web app, to allow me to add them as .NET objects into each of the reports. just like specified in this link:

Now, after my upgrade, I only get "ADO.NET (XML) Connection" dialogs everytime I try to add a .NET object from the Database Explorer. I'm not even able to re-add a .NET object that I have added before.

The existing reports are displayed fine, but I can't seem to add more .NET objects to them.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back