Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIND newbie... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinkick

ISP
Apr 15, 2001
US
Well... I've created and configured the files in the namedb folder: named.root, db.domain, db.##.##.##, named.conf, and the named.root file in /etc and created the s directory in namedb.
It took long... but I crawled through the process. That was my first time, so basically, I had no clue of what I was doing. I just followed the example in DNS & Bind and replaced their fake domain name with mine.
I am not sure if I have everything right, I'm actually pretty sure there are things not quite right.
Could someone be nice enough to look over the files for me? and see if I generally have the right idea? I started reading DNS & Bind, but I gotta say, DNS is really hard
Some help would really be appreciated. THanx

Hey Spin,

I can take a look at them for you. Just post them on a webserver somewhere and let me know the url.

GJ

well there may be a problem if you have just copy/pasted the DNS-HOWTO because of the leading tabs...check them out

if any questions - Bangieff@the-pentagon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back