Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Binary Header Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansleight

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2000
US
Winroute is blocking access to certain sites (like Register.com). The security log reports "Binary Header Detected". Any ideas how to keep winroute from blocking that access?

Are you using WInroute firewall 5?

If you are, then you probably have some URL filters turned on.

Turn them Off.

good luck.

Hi. It took me long time to discover it but
it's relatively easy.

Edit "winroute.cfg" in the installation folder and modify the line

<variable name=&quot;DetectMaliciousHeaders&quot;>1</variable>

in the <table name=&quot;ProxyHTTP&quot;> section this way:

<variable name=&quot;DetectMaliciousHeaders&quot;>0</variable>

Done. You must restart winroute engine to work properly. See you.

Hi there. I came across this post while searching for an entry I have found in my Winroute Firewall Logs.

Alothough I now know (thanks to this post) how to stop those messages, I am no so much interested in stopping them as finding out what that actaully means.

Anyone know??

Binary headers are detected when the web page your browser is trying to load is an executable. This happens (amoung other times) when for example you click on certain fake URLs commonly found in P2P or IRC networks which look like they are going to be a JPG but turn out to be a virus which runs an executable and infects your machine.

Thanks a bunch... I kinda figured that but I would much rather KNOW than ASSUME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back