Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BIM SERVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymehall

MIS
Oct 30, 2006
CA
Hello,
I have an IBM x306M server with two harddrives in a mirror. How do I manage that array in Windows? What software does IBM use?

thanks

if the case of hw mirroring you can use either the BIOS based LSI utility or IBM ServerRAID to manage the mirror. If it is software based, you will have to rely on Windows disk administrator.

Where on the IBM CD is the "IBM ServerRAID" software found?

The CD says IBM ServeRaid on it. It should have come with your system or controller. You can go to ibm.com and search for ServeRaid for more information.

I have the ServerRAID CD - but what is the actual .exe called? Nothing on the CD jumps out at me.

Will this ServerRAID allow me to manage the raid in Windows? that is all I am looking for. If so - what .exe do I install to manage the RAID from Windows?

The ServeRaid cd is a bootable cd that is configured with Linux. Picture of a Penguin on the left side of the cd. You boot the system with the CD to use the utilities on that disk. Linux does not understand .exe files at all. There are no .exe files on that disk. To find the application files that you need, you should look to the link I posted or do a search on IBM.com for your particular serveRaid controller and associated utilities.

For the LSI controller you need ServerGuide 7.10 at the least.(My opinion for what it's worth)
Insert the applications disk(There are 2 disks, Support and Application) it will autorun. Select install. When you come to a screen that will install the service, do not install the service(You can but turn it off in services). It may also have the SNMP service(Do not install unless you use SNMP).

It will then install the software, and have a group in you Programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back