Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

big screen TV and computer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mldmld

Technical User
Jul 22, 2003
US
I have a compaq evo D510 CMT, with P4 2.4 and 1gig of RAM. I have an ATI Radeon9600SE installed. When I connect a big screen TV to the computer the video is sometimes choppy.

What is a good recomendation for running video and graphics on a big screen tv? I am trying not to spend more than 150. Thanks, for the help

Can you locate the specs for your 'big' screen, is it a plasma or LCD?

Specifically, the response time(usually in msec), if not in the 20 msec or less could be the cause...btw, what images are choppy? normal dvd viewing or gaming? this makes a difference

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

It's a Mitsubishi 1080HDTV 65" CRT. Choppy video add-ons from Winamp, or other video add-ons for music.

If you are not connected using the HDVI out on your card thry to upgrade to this interface.

As a check, view a pre-recorded DVD off your DVD in the PC, see if the quality is better, the same or worse. If this views as expected(good to better) then look to your application, winamp, as the culprit.

What video types are supported and the decoder type and version you have...I personally use 'PowerDVD' w/their decoder. Are these add-ons, mpeg, avi, divx or???

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back