Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Big problems] Many restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperclip07

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2007
US
I may as well introduce myself, I'm Paperclip. I probably wont be here for long, but i really need your help and I was reffered here by someone.

When I open up control panel, going into user accounts, then into user accounts again, I get the "Internet Explorer Script Error", even though this is clearly not on the internet. All the script information data is blank, like there is no script at all. Since there is no script to be terminated, this error will stay up (will not close when pressing yes or no) until i end the Microsoft HTML Application Host program, "mshta.exe" Other apperances of this error appears on IE when pressing CTRL + F for a search. I am on a limited account running Windows XP Media Center Edition [5.1.2600]. This error does not appear on Administrative accounts.

My second problem is an internet video problem. Again on limited accounts, when I try to watch a video on YouTube, what happens is I get a message that says, "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." of course, the first thing I did was make sure my java was up to date and turned on, and that I had the most recent version on Flash Player. Still doesn't work. I did a search in YT help for it, and it told me to uninstall then reinstall flash player. Done on an administrative account, that was done. still doesnt work, although YT videos have always worked on an Administrator account. Other flash games work, except for linerider (linerider.com).

My third problem is that Javascript actions will not work on pages. Applets will work (as in justachat.com) but pages like newgrounds.com will not run things such as "javascript:OpenPortalContentWin(381115, 450, 650, '381115_NGRfinal.swf', 'Newgrounds Rumble', 0);" although putting commands such as "javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0" into the Address bar do work.

fourth, please help convince the owner to install Firefox! I love it but he's still an IE junkie.

any solutions will greatly help. thanks!

Paperclip

What version of IE are you using? Different versions may have different solutions available to you.

Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet options then click the Advanced tab. Put a tick in the box next to Disable script debugging.

Uncheck the option to Display a Notification about every script error.

If that doesn't fix it have a look at these.

Sometimes Tweakui or Customizing folders may produce this error also. A couple of ancient articles may give you something else to think about, but are probably not relevant.

275557 - Internet Explorer Script Error Message When You Open the My Pictures Folder

181689 - INFO: Purpose and Format of Folder.htt

"Another possible reason for this happening is that you may not have write rights to the temporary internet files folder. Many sites use cookies and if they are unable to write the cookies you will get an error".

Have you a Firewall or other security program that may be blocking Javascript? Maybe even a Pop-up Blocker?

Have these things ever worked or is this a recent happening?

Anything showing in the Event Viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back