Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big Problem With Write Conflict!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legs00

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
CA
In my Access application I am having a problem updating modifications being done in a form.

The process is like this:

I have a form "ViewActivities" where the user enters criterias and the information is displayed in a subform "ActivitiesSubform". From here the user can double click on the record or point to the record and pressing the modify button in order to open the form "ModifyActivity" and make any modifications.

The information is displayed in the "ActivitiesSubform" using recordsource. And when the user wants to modify a record the "ViewActivities" form closes and the "ModifyActivity" form opens with its own recordsource.

The problem is that when the user makes their modifications and presses modify in the "ModifyActivity" form I get an error message that comes from Access:

WRITE CONFLICT

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made.

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes.

Save Record Copy to Clipboard Drop Changes

I don't know why I am getting this!! I tried everything I know I really need help!!!! Anything would be really appreciated!

Thanks
Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back