Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Big problem: call a servlet from a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

nino2000

Programmer
Jun 23, 2001
FR
Jun 29, 2001 [2]
hi, I use NT, and I installed oracle8.1.6 with Jdeveloper3.1.6. I create a HTML page with a form
<FORM ACTION='test_servlet' METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME='nom'> <INPUT TYPE='SUBMIT' VALUE='OK'> </FORM>
i created and compile a servlet, it doesn't work. I see the url with Iexplorer5: but the test_servlet.class is in the directory!
I use also servletrunner in ORACLE_HOME/apache/jsdk/bin
(ps: the example suplied with oracle (oracle_home/apache/jsdk/examples/jdcsurvey) don't work!)
servletrunner -p 8080 -d d:/oracle/ora81/apache/apache/htdocs/web-inf
(the servlet.properties is in the same directory)

I put jsdk.jar in the PATH and classPATH.
I create servlet.properties to define a name corresponding to the servlet.
the problem persists
Could you help me?

Hi, I forgot to tell that my system use Apache with Jserv
Could someone put me on the way?

Try to specify full path in action. As you may reffer to your sevlet as web-inf/test_servlet you should call it by the same full name.

While running servlets . In the url we have to give port number( i.e. 8080).

In general we will register our servlets in servlets directory of web server. In the url there is no need to specify the directory name(i.e. Here sampleservlet is servlet name.

If you created a sub directory in the servelt (servlets)directory of web server then we have to give directory name after port no i.e.
Here sample is directory and sample servlet is servlet name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back