Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BI8server install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ornel

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
HU
Hello,

I have got the following configuration:
Intel Xeon CPU 3.4 Ghz, 2GB of RAM
MS Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition SP1
Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager Version: 6.0
MS-SQL 2000 (content store)

Cognos: BI Server 8.1

The installations was succesfull.
I havent got error message.
The service is running well, but if I want to connect to the application with IE browser I got the the following:

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
------------------------------------------------------------
"

I set the Execute Permissions for the cgi-bin directory in the IIS manager.

I created this steps with WinXp and IIS5 before the new install, and it works well.

Could you help me?
What is wrong?

thanks,
ornel

With IIS6 , you have to add some security rules in the management console , to allow the CGI or dll to run.
Have you done this ?

Check that there isnt something conflicting with IIS.

I had the exact same problem when I installed Cognos8, and this was because I had also the 'OracleOraHome92HTTPServer' running on my computer.

To see if there is anything else running, instead of trying to go to , try going to and see what happens.

If this doenst bring up a Microsoft IIS page, then whatever comes up in its place (like an Oracle HTTP server page) is what is causing the problem.

Thanks Draoued,

the error has been solved!

I checked cgi settings in IIS,
the default was disabled.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back