Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bi Launchpad / IE11 - Print only allows Print To PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
We have a number of reports on a Crystal Reports Server running SAP Business Objects Enterprise [Product: 14.1.0]. Printing issues started after upgrade of user PCs to Internet Explorer 11 [from IE10]. Users access the reports on the server using browser based BI Launchpad sessions via IE11. I use BI Launchpad as well as Central Mgmt Console [CMC] to access and maintain the reports on the server.

After upgrading to Internet Explorer 11, all BI Launchpad users only get a dialog that says [Print to PDF] when they view a report then click on the Print button at the top of the Viewer. There are no options to send the report to a printer. Printing worked fine before the browser update.

Important:
On the same PC, Central Management Console users get the normal Print dialog when viewing reports and clicking on the Printer button.

NOTE: In BI Launchpad - Preferences - Crystal Reports,
the [Select printing control (for Web)] option is set to [ ActiveX one-click printing (ActiveX required) ]

I am confused as to how to troubleshoot this. It seems that if it were the Crystal Print Control, then it would not work for CMC either.

I appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

--------------------------------------
CMC Settings Info:
Build Date: 2012/06/11:18:38:06
Build Number: 738
Product Version: 14.0.3
Data Source: BusinessObjects CMS 140

I figured out a workaround for this.

The Print To PDF issue can be resolved by configuring Compatibility View for BI Launchpad in the Internet Explorer settings. This is done via Internet Explorer – Tools – Compatibility View Settings.
The steps to configure this are immediately below.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Go to the BI Launchpad Log On URL [].
- Do not Log On yet.
- Select Tools from the Internet Explorer menu.
- The Add this website box should contain the website info.
- Click the Add button. The website info will appear in the Websites you’ve added list.
- Click the Close button.

When you first log on to BI Launchpad, the folder list in the left hand pane might not be fully displayed.
Here are steps further below to correct this display.

- Click on the Search section title bar, then click on the Folders section title bar.
NOTE: These steps will need to be done every time the user logs on to BI Launchpad.

It looks like you have the original 4.1 software without any service packs. IE 11 was not supported until SP 5 or 6 of BI 4.1. So, to get full support for IE 11 you would have to upgrade your system to a later service pack.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks Hilfy,
We currently have 4.0? SP3 and I have passed on the information about upgrading the server to get IE 11 support - 4.1 SP5 or higher.
Not sure when that will happen but the workaround has temporarily got us thru this issue.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back