Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bi-directional Replication Confllct

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatemgamil

Programmer
Mar 18, 2010
Greetings,,
I have 2 servers where i want to setup a bidirectional transactional replication setup.and i want to do know how can i handle conflicts and resolve them .conflicts like:

1-If you insert a record that has a key into a table on one of the servers and another record that has the same key already exists on the other servers that participate in the replication, the replication does not propagate the changes to the other servers.

2-When you update a column in a record that is updated at the same time on another server, the data may be different on the two servers.

3-When you update different columns in a record, simultaneous updates of different columns of a record may sometimes lead to conflicts.

4-When you delete a row that is being deleted at the same time on another server that is participating in the replication, the replication fails because the DELETE statement does not affect any rows on some of the subscribers.

i am using sql server 2008.

any help will be highly apperciated

thnx

Hello,

In SQL 2008, you can enable conflict detection across a peer to peer topology. This option helps prevent the issues that are caused from undetected conflicts, including inconsistent application behavior and lost updates. By enabling this option, by default a conflicting change is treated as a critical error that causes the failure of the Distribution Agent. In the event of a conflict, the topology remains in an inconsistent state until the conflict is resolved manually and the data is made consistent across the topology.

Have a look at this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934199.aspx

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back