Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BGP Versus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2005
US
I want to create a virtually seemless failover with my internet connections. I have seperate ISP's for redundancy and I need to get to 95+% up time with this solution. Is BGP the only way. Whether partial or full routes is this the only Interenet seemless solution?

Hi,

With your internet connections, is this just outward access..I.E are you using the connections for internet access only.. or are there servers in a DMZ or local site that need to be access via the internet?

LEEroy
MCNE6,CCNA2,CWNA, Project+

There are internal servers that needs access to the internet that sit in the DMZ

Hi,

Going out to the internet is not an issue, however because you have different ISP`s in different AS`s I dont know if this can be done. Indeed if this was one ISP in one AS you could float your address across two routers with BGP, however because of the different AS`s, im not sure if this is possible.

LEEroy
MCNE6,CCNA2,CWNA, Project+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back