Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BGP newbie help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtekk

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2015
GB
I am brandy new to BGP (as of this weekend). I have a client that I am helping migrate from p2p T1s to Verizon MPLS. They have one HQ and (3) remote sites that all hone back to HQ (currenty with the p2p T1s).

I learned a lot about BGP when I received the configurations from Verizon and I have since setup the the MFR interfaces, and sub-interface, BGP config with neighbors, AS etc. All new serial links are up and the MFR interfaces are up as well.

My question is, what routing do I put in place to route the internal networks (192.168.0.0) across the WAN? Currently as the p2p config is setup, they run all static routing, so each remote location has an ip route to the p2p interface IP (10.255.255.x). How do I move the traffic to the MPLS network and eventually take out the p2p links?

My first attempt on one of the smaller locations was to move the default route and add a new one to the local MFR interface, but that did not work for me.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Tim

Maybe this is why i never did join tektips. 0 replies in three days. Did much better on reddit. I'll still use this site for research, but forget doing this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back