Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BGP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewToo

Technical User
Jun 11, 2001
Hi All,

Here is what is going on. I have two ISP that i'm doing BGP with. just say my main ISP is A and the backup is B. I notice one funny thing is that when my enduser going to the surf the net they go out ISPA which is should but when they rteturn the go through ISPB. I prepend my BGP setting on ISPB to have 8 extra-hop but still the return taciffic goes through ISPB.

Please someone help, this is driving me CRAZY!

Thanks
Newtoo

You need to look at some route-servers and see if your routing announcement is taking place.

Thanks all,

I look at some route-server and all seem to have 1 best route and the route is the one that is not prepend.
About the return traiffic some enduser goes and return fine well the other does not. It's random.

Thanks
Newtoo

Also you may want to check with your ISP and ensure that the traffic isn't leaving ISPA on a route via ISPB, this is where a route-map or policy would help as well.

The prepended route will be the least preferred path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back