Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bg image (no repeat) + bg color to go 100% height?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE4MAN

Technical User
Mar 17, 2002
US
Hi guys,

I'm new to CSS layouts and have decided to abandon tables for a design I am working on. Unfortunately I have hit a brick wall and need some help.

The page I am working on is located here:
Everything is cool except that I want to add more content at the bottom of what is there. The problem being that I want a black background to cover the entire column height of the page and appear to continue from the bottom of where the knight image stops. This knight image (and logo) is the background of my body as is the color of green that is seen behind it.

Each of the fixes I have attmepted present cross-browser compatibilty issues. I tried making a div with a black background and a margin-top offset to line up with the bottom of the graphic. Works in one browser but dies in the other. I tried making the existing container black in bg color and height of 100%. IE disapproves.

Thanks in advance if anyone can steer me in the right direction.

Dave Fore

Yeah, green down both sides and black down the middle.

When I apply that image to the container div, it works fine in IE but not in Firefox - doesn't even appear :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back