Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BFTN stuck 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Hi all. I am trying to remove a TN which is monitored (BFS) by 4 other TN's. I nulled the BSF key on the other TN's but the original set still lists them as BFTN. I can't delete the set while monitored but there are no TN's monitoring the set. Any ideas??

Thanks much. This forum rocks!

do this to check for more sets

LD 81

REQ lst
CUST 0
DATE (C/R)
PAGE (C/R)
DES (C/R)
FEAT BFS

Colin

Print the TN you want to out.

In the print-out you will see (Somewhere under the CLS) the prompt BFTN. The TN entered there is a TN that is monitoring the TN you want to out.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking I have a corrupted database as the TN that is monitored is referring to a TN that doesn't exist. Any idea how to FORCE an out on this TN?

If no other changes have been done or you have a record of all changes made since you tried to out the BFS keys, Sysload the switch and maybe that will clear up the corruption. If an EDD was done since the corruption you may be up a creek. If you have a back up disk/pcmcia (option 11) you can try reloading the database from the backup. Else you will have to go to NORTEL ETAS and let them get the corruption out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back