Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bfndfjcf.exe process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Technical User
Feb 23, 2000
US
I'm trying to clean up a computer and every now and then it turns to absolute mud. There is a process running called bfndfjcf.exe that is soaking up all the cpu cycles. I try to end the process, but it comes right back. Does anyone know what this is and - even more helpfully - how to get rid of it?

Thanks. -- Ham

Hi, check your RUN registry key, your startup group (start, programs stratup) for your profile AND the all users profile to see if there's any trace of your process.

Download and install MS-Antispyware (beta) and do a full scan.

Personally, I use Spybot search and destroy, MS-Antispyware and spywareblaster. I also run occasional scans with adaware just to make sure the overall of all these software is a "clean" system.

** Never delete a program file without uninstall or in-depth check of dependancies.

Hope this helps. Please let know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

I cannot find any file with that name via Goggle. In addition to Jeff's recommendations I'd run Hijackthis and see what it lists out for you.

Thanks for the tips. I have run Spybot on the computer, but not the other programs. I'll try it. Thanks. -- Ham

A litlle precision, spyware blaster is not a spyware remover like the others I've listed. It sets the "kill bit" on the CLSID of known malware/spyware in order to prevent installation or kill it when already installed.

Please let me know the result, as aquias said, google doesn't know that one...

Jeff

Hope this helps. Please let know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Progress (or lack thereof) report. I did download Autoruns and Spywareblaster. I had to do this on another machine (the one I'm using now), burn a CD and then install it on the flaky machine. Autoruns is great! I sure wish I had known about this earlier. I ran Spywareblaster, which took hours because of the slowness of the computer. It found 387 spy doodads. I clicked on remove and then found out that only the scan is free - not the removal. Unfortunately, I can't get on the internet from that computer - otherwise I would gladly have paid to get it cleaaned up. (It found 387 after Spybot had run.) I downloaded the MS spyware program to this computer and moved it over, but the install procedure wouldn't run. Evidently the OS verification procedure does something sneaky so the program will run only on the computer to which it was downloaded. I next cleaned out the run, run once and run services folders in the registry. The computer does run, but I can't get to the internet - I can't even ping the router/access point. The good news is that the bfndfjcf.exe process has not re-appeared. I'm at the point now where I think that if I can get back to the internet with that computer I'll have a good shot at getting everything back where it belongs. Spybot did get rid of a lot of stuff, but keeps finding DSO EXPLOIT (and keeps claiming it's deleting it). I really appreciate all the help and suggestions. If anyone has any ideas on reaquiring the internet or DSO EXPLOIT, I'd be delighted to hear them. Thanks. -- Ham

check faq 608-4650 for comments on lspfix and winsock repair. Two things you could try for internet access.

-------------------------------------
It's 10 O'Clock ( somewhere! ).
Are your registry and data backed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back