Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beyond Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgp

Technical User
Mar 28, 2002
US
Hi, I wonder if this is possible from Access:

I open a specific webpage (yes,followhyperlink) This is the US patent database webpage.

1. Step
Now I want to run specific queries which are stored as strings in my database which have to be filled into the textbox of this site (which I do manually right now), e.g. I want to have filled this webtextbox automatically with my query and run the query without pressing the button (or actually seeing the webpage).

2. Step
I want the results transfered back into my db. There I will compare with existing datasets and add the new patent information.

3. Step
I run the next query.

I understand that this is a project by itself and I do not expect anybody to provide the code. But I would appreciate any tip into the direction to achieve this. I believe it could be of general interest also for other applications, but I have no clou where to start and how to handle the webpage information, e.g. how to transfer the code into the box, and how to retrieve something from the page, etc. (BTW, the code behind the webpage is available).
Also I would appreciate info what skills/knowledge would be required to achieve this.

Any suggestions????, georgp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back