Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BExec 10d Remote Agent install + bengine service need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abostonma7

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2007
US
Guys,
I need help!!!! I have 2 problems:

1.I use Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers and cannot push Remote Agents remotely (althought was able for some servers). Guys, do you know where I can download Remote Agent for BE 10d so I can install it locally?
2.Backup Exec 10d gives me an error message: "Backup Exec job engine is not responding." Any help would be appreciated!!!!

1 - You should find the remote agent in a subfolder where BackupExec is installed - usually agents\raws32 or so.

2 - Have you tried the lastest service pack?

Thank you manic47.
Yes, I've applied SP4 but still it gives me the same error "Backup job engine is not responding", then in the event Log I see "Faulting application bengine.exe version 10.1.5629.44 faulting module catcommon.dll, version 10.1.5629.19 fault address 0X00003e56". I did some research on that it it brings me to the SP4 that I already applied. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Guys, we decided to upgrade to 11d. Will we have to use different Remote Agents? Thanks.

I'm afraid so - If you are upgrading you may as well go to Backup Exec 12 everywhere though.

You'll gain some additional features, for example IDR is included, Windows 2008 and virtual server support etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back