Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bewildered on how Selector code is Dialed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainnman

Vendor
Sep 30, 2004
US
I was sent to change a "Merlin II Legend CKE4 Processor with 007 MLM Voice mail" selector code dialed number. Reviewing the Selector codes they all said transfer to extension according to last digit [2] dialed ext 602 [3] dialed ext 603 etc., (except [7] dialed ext 51). Assuming they were System Speed dials I checked and saw a speed dial 604 but none others. The stored 604 number was the correct number that I was supposed to change it to, so that wasn't how it was being dialed.
I figured it was stored in the mailbox somehow and tried to access the mailbox but could not reset the password according to the manual (Merlin Mail Voice Messaging System Release 2 System Admin Guide for Merlin II Communications System Release 3 585-320-704 June 91). It told me the password was reinitialized but would NOT let me in. I tried every variation I could think of (Vmail extensions were 7116 and 7117) 1234, 4321, 1111, 0000, and all the combos with 6 didgits. I tried to delete it and it said it was deleted, but went back in and it let me try to change its settings. Needless to say, I couldn't get in.
Giving up on that, I tried dialing 604 and as instantly as I pressed the digit [4] it dialed the incorrect number. It has a T-1 for trunks and I tried to find a connection between 60 as the leading trunk selector (602,3,4,5,and6 dialed as well) but ran into another brick wall somehow.
So I have two questions, why can't I reset a password and how on earth is it dialing so I can change it's target. I'm new on AVAYA products and I'm wondering how they are doing this. Any/All help would be tremendously appreciated. Thank-you for your time.

I think you want to make changes to the AUTO ATTENDANT SELECTOR CODES.

The previous programmer set it up to where SELECTOR CODE 4 transferrs to extension 604.

What are you trying to change?

Sorry if that seemed too crammed with details, but I didn't want to leave anything out,....... I was asked to change the dialed number when a caller selected #4....I suppose I may have an ARS situation on my hands. I'll do some homework on that first. Any ARS clues would be helpful though.

I think 604 is forwarded to where they WANTED it to go to.

Now, you need to forward 604 to WHERE THEY NOW WANT IT TO GO TO.

Is that what you are trying to do?

Thanks for the reply; Yes it is. But what is [604]? I don't think its a mailbox, (which I can't confirm because I can't change the password), it doesn't appear to be an extension (because I can't enter it in any programming) It appears to be a trunk transfer of a sort because when you dial it from intercom dial tone, as instantly as you dial the [4], it seizes a [outside] line and begins ringing the destination. which led me to believe an Automatic Route Selection. I'm in the process of pulling up the manual now.

It's probably an adjunct extension that has been given the capability of trunk to trunk transfer and remote call forward, with an authorization code to be able to set the remote forwarding number. Do a Print of Extension 604, and it may become apparent.

If printing will display something that extension programming won't, I'll go find a printer,however,when I go into extension programming it doesn't recognize it's existence. That's what left me to believe it's ARS.

Just do a PRINT ALL to a FILE and then you can search the results.

No printer required with SPM.

Never hooked up a printer...I do have a 355 adapter, do I just need a 8 conductor patch cord with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back