Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beware of where you purchase Licensing from

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dang...

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

In the UK they'd be offered a job in the govt handing out PPE contracts.

I am shocked it took Avaya that long to catch on and it accumulated to $88 million. In the PDF it also said they were selling counterfeit phones.

I was also reading another article linked below and it said something interesting we have been worried about, the IP Office and how Avaya is trying to push everyone to RingCentral.

"Avaya IP Office was a cloud-based, on-premise collaboration and communication product for conferencing, IP calls, and voicemail-to-email, geared towards small and medium-sized businesses. The product was discontinued in 2020 when the “Avaya Cloud Office" replaced it, but many firms worldwide continue using it."

I know it is just a article and not from Avaya but there have been questions about IP Office Roadmap for major feature updates.

I think that is just bad reporting as Bleeping Computer also says

The licenses are linked to a physical SD card containing a matching unique serial number. These memory cards must be plugged into the computer for the software license to be activated, so forging them is hard.

The official DoJ release

They've been on ebay for years. They would sell dongles with a license CSV with every license maxed out. First saw them around 07 or so.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

So why did it take so long to sort this out?

I had seen dongles on Ebay with lots of licences but no maxed out and I'm sure this were legit.

@AvayaRed
Grammar and fact are removed from that statement.

In 2020, Avaya introduced the “Avaya Cloud Office" which was purported to replaced "IP Office", but many firms worldwide continue using the latter on a license-renewal model basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back