Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Better Media Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J741

Technical User
Jul 3, 2001
CA
I don't know where else to ask this question, so I'll ask here... Can anyone suggest a better alternative to Windows Media Player?

I currently have some .AVI files that media player won't allow me to jump ahead or fast-forward. I also want to be able to adjust playback speed faster or slower. I would like to be able to pause and frame-by-frame advance or reverse.

And then there's the .AVI files produced by common DVR video surveilance systems. Most are too dark, poor contrast, bad color, etc. So I'd also like a video player than can provide a bit of cleanup for video from a poor source.

Heck, even the ability to select a section of a freeze-frame then zoom-in and print would be nice but Windows Media Player is so damned limited that I can't do any of that.

So, anyone got any useful suggestions?

- James.

My memory is not as good as it should be, and neither is my memory.

I have forgotten more than I can remember

VLC Media Player is amazing. I havent found anything that it wont play. AVI, MPG, MPEG, even realtime files.

Google for VLC Media Player and you'll find it, it's got an orange traffic cone for an icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back