Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to use Access Forms/Tables to call people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JockVSJock

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
I will try to explain this the best that I can...

Myself and a co-worker created an Access form where we entered in a person's first, last name, there phone number, and then three checkboxes for a successful contact, message left, and did person attend the meeting. Also a comments field. It worked great the first time, my coworker and I keyed in all of the data into this form as we called.

Little did we realize that this was going to be a monthly process. We went to use it again this month, and we weren't sure what to do. I created a table to input this info. for the month of June. But for the form, how do I clear out the past months data for the data that is not static: Like Successful contact, message left, attend meeting, and comments. These will be different every month.

Also, we have all of the static info. in a mainframe database. How do I make it work so if the mainframe database it modified, the chage will take place in my Access database?

Any other advice would be great...

thanks,

-Chris Miller

You can always call up a record by it's primary key. Any changes made to that record are automatically written over what was there before. The only way to avoid this, if you want to, is to make sure that when you bring up your form that it is designed to create a new record. This is easily set up by using macros.

How about adding a date field to the table and setting the date on the old ones then just set the date going forward? THen you can keep the old, keep the new and see how you did month to month?

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back