Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to setup new DS30B2 and new 500V2 9.1.12 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
Hi All,

Replacing a blown 500V2 with a new one, reusing the SD card, but reformatted and then recreated as final release of 9.1.12. I am replacing a blown DS30 with a new DS30B2 which I am told by the distributor only runs on 9.1.12.

What is the best way to first time power these up so that the DS30B2 has no issues?

I was going to put the SD card in the 500V2 and let it run and upgrade without anything else connected and then power down, add the DS30B2, power it up first and then power up the 500V2 and let it do its thing.

Do you think this is the safest best way to do it? I was a little concerned with what I read on here about DS30B2 quirkiness.

Thanks

First power up the expansion unit DS30B2,
Second power up control unit.
This allows control unit to discover the expansion unit(s).

If your plan is to add the DS30B2 to the same port the DS30 was connected I would suggest deleting it from the config when you bring up the system the first time with nothing connected. I have seen the system get confused when a previous expansion was installed on a slot and then a different expansion was used to replace it.

I had a customer try to use a DS30B2 on a R9.0 system which it was unsupported and then he found an older DS30 but it wouldn't work. He had left the DS30B2 in the config and the system thought it was still that B2. Once removed it worked.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back