Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurner

Technical User
Feb 13, 2002
US
Where/What is the best way to learn 3G and MMS skills?

It is something that has definatly got me interested!

Do you mean about the use of or development? Wireless guru

yeah, i'm in full time employment with a none telecomms company that would have no interest in me even thinking about that line.

So anything i do learn is off my own back, and out of workhours.

What books or other study materials would you recommend?

didnt answer the question.

Both.

(i'm a Netadmin so use/running would be slightly ahead)

Crikey, I havent been asked that before. I crossed over from networking about 2 years ago but the company I joined offered me full training based on my background. All the courses I have done since have been in house and also designed in house. Also all my engineers are the same. I am responsible for training them mostly.

I will ask the lads in developement about skillsets required for mms developement and also 3g as they are involved heavily with that. I will let you know tomorrow. I am assuming you are talking about breaking into developement or are you talking about the infrastructure side. I will find out both for you. Wireless guru

Being from the network side, infrastructure would be the smoothest transition i believe.

Development would be something that would 'develop' over time.

Dear Fulkrum,

I want to learn programming for GSM/GPRS devices. I am working on windows, VC++. How can I go about? Please help me.

I'm programming for microbrowsers using the mobile add-ons to ASP.NET and having a lot of trouble. Problem 1 is that I don't know how to find out the meaning of these BC??? error messages, such as:
BC30311: Value of type 'System.Data.DataSet' cannot be converted to 'String'. I get this when I try to bind a DataSet to a Mobile list the way it's done for an ASP.NET data grid. Does anyone know a source for this information and a forum for programmers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back