Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Way to Learn SATO Coding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowKut

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
US
Hello folks,

I was recently given the task of coding SATO label which includes bar codes and regular address and contact fields.

I have never done any type of bar coding prior to this. From doing some research I found out SATO coding is among the hardest there is. Can someone kindly guide me in the right path in getting started w/ this? Any useful feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I guess that I need some clarification here.

SATO has been around a good while as a printer manufacturer.

When I just now tried to Google for SATO barcode the only thing that came up were references to the printers - which print labels, and other barcode related things.

Are you referring to having to print to a SATO printer[/I]?
Or something else?

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

I am mainly referring to the layout of the label and printing bar code and contact info on particular area within the label.

So you are confirming that the "SATO" you are referring to is a PRINTER, not some barcode symbology itself.

And your question is about how to use the PRINTER's programming language to get what you want.

If that is the case, then this is not the appropriate forum and/or forum area to use.
You should be posting your question to a SATO PRINTER forum and/or addressing your questions to SATO printer support.
They will be most likely to have answers to your PRINTER utilization (NOT BARCODE) questions.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

A search for "SATO barcode printer language" may yield some relevant results.

I also didn't want to leave you TOTALLY without any options.

A Google search for SATO Programming Language turned up a number of references which might be of value to you.

Again, this is a PRINTER utilization issue and the answers will depend on what language you are attempting to use to 'talk' to the printer.

If I were you, I'd look for more specifically focused answers elsewhere than a generic BARCODE forum.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back