Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to go from one movie to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedlogic

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
AU
Hi all.... I have put together a series of director movies for a cdrom... I have 2 splash movies to be played one after the other. each one closing as it finishes, and finally the main movie which is loaded after the second one.

I was thinking of doing it with miaws, however you need to keep the original "spawning" window open, while the other movies are playing. The other problem is, when they want to quit the program, I need some way to tell the spawining window to close as well.

Can anyone guide me as to the best way to do this?

cheers

to clarify the last part of my q. How can a miaw tell its parent movie to close?

also.... how can you position a projector to be "off screen"

cheers

You could use: "tell the stage to quit" but I believe this is not what you are looking for as it will close the MIAW as well.

I think that the "visible" property of a window can hide it for you instead of setting it offscreen.

Can you imagine what you can do if you can do what you imagine? <gamedev.nl>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back