Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to execute and present crystal reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

neozeke

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm just wondering what is the best way to run and present the reports made from crystal reports XI to the users?

Like if the user wanted to run the created reports in an ad-hoc manner and there are sub-reports involved on some reports.

Thanks.

My users use InfoView which comes as part of Business Objects Enterprise XI. There are Crystal reports that prompts my users for parameters and let them run their own reports or I can run others as scheduled reports.

thanks kskid... that is my first option actually... but my problem is that our Business Objects Enterprise is in Citrix... the problem is how can the users get the subreports in excel or pdf format using the Business Objects Enterprise...

Not sure if I can help since our BOE is on a regular server but users can access it through Citrix or through the regular internal network via the infoview url. Most of our users are on Windows AD, which is also used as our system authentication for Infoview. The remaining users use Terminal Services through secure networks and access Infoview through Enterprise accounts that I control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back