Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to do Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigress

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
US
I have a datawindow that contains users email addresses. I want to scroll through this datawindow and send an email to each user. I do not want to send 1 email to all users, but send a seperate email to each user. What is the best way to accomplish this? I have a function created that will send the email, but how do I scroll through a datawindow and pull the info I need only for that user.

Thanks

You can use a loop and go to each row in the datawindow or you could use the Find method for a specific row.

Hi,

If the email message is the same for all users, populating the MailBCc! element of MailRecipient object with all the users' email IDs and populating the MailTo! element with your own email ID should work. MailBCc! recipients do not know to who else the message was sent as their message reads that it was addressed only to them.

Otherwise, you have the put the control in a loop and process all the rows.

Regards,

Scott
------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back