Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best way to backup and restore exchange 2010 with Backup exec 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2005
GB
Hi,

As the title says we have implemented Exchange 2010 ( standard ) running on Server 2008 r2. we have purchased Backup exec 2012 and was looking for a guide on how to backup the server and how to restore it completely as in a disaster.

I have performed a full backup on the server with simplified disaster recovery.

I then created a test lab on esxi.

I then installed a bare bones server 2008 install, renamed the server to be the same as the exchange server with the same IP, but didn't join the domain.

I installed backup exec 2012 on the server.

I ran a restore of both drives

I ran a restore of system state

From here I'm not sure what to do, it wont allow me to restore the exchange database because it doesn't think its an exchange server ? so if I reboot it I'm getting errors about starting services, I've tried changing the login parameters to be system, the local admin account, the domain admin account, but non work...

So I was looking for someone to give me a walkthrough of the best way to get this working.

Thanks,

Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back