Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best VPN Router for what I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJuliet97

Technical User
May 1, 2012
US
I work from my home in GA and connect remotely to my company in KC. We use mostly macs and I control the computer there using Apple Remote Desktop. I previously had a Netgear ProSafe FWG114P. It has been great but my work has gone through 4 Netgear routers in the last 6 years. We want to try another company. I bought the Cisco WRVS4400N and for some reason it will not work with my fiberoptic internet. Cisco support was NO help!

Is there any other routers that you can recommend? I need to be able to use Apple Remote Desktop, Remote Desktop Connection and be able to pull files off their drive like I am in the shop. Thanks in advance. :)

Cisco routers will not work with my fiber-optic internet. It is really frustrating.

How did you determine that cisco routers can't be used with the internet connection at the office location? What device [provided by the ISP] terminates the fiber connection at the office location?

Three weeks of working with Cisco customer support. I am not sure the details of my internet. I have century link. Their routers would not even acknowledge that I plugged in my Ethernet cable.

If you put a dumb hub or cheap switch between the Cisco router and the ISP connection I bet it will work

Norm

For this use, and indeed most business uses, no VPN Service is needed at all, just a VPN Router at each end. VPN Services are almost exclusively to hide the location of one endpoint.

(I too am happy with RV042)

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back