Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Visual C++ Book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basildon

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
GB
I used Borland C++ at University ( a few years ago) and have recently acquired Visual Studio

Can anyone recommend a straightforward book for getting to grips with VC++ as Amazon reviews don't seem to offer a solution

Thanks

Stick with Borland. It is better. (I was paid to say the previous statements.)

Beginning Visual C++
by Ivor Horton
Wrox Press Ltd.

The best of all books

Thanks ManojPadhi, I've found other WROX books to be pretty good so I'll give it a go

Cheers

Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 days. Maybe even Teach yourself DirectX7 in 24 hours. The second one is a little advanced though...

Unleached Visual C++ 6 is the best book by Unleached Series.
Sami Ullah Khan

If you already know C++ somewhat then "Practical Visual C++6" by Jon Bates and Tim Tompkins, Que publishing, is pretty straight forward. Combine this with a much more in depth book, "Programming Windows With MFC" by Jeff Prosise and you will be in good shape.

Inside Visual C++ by Microsoft Press covers all aspects of C++, from windows to threads to ActiveX controls.

By far the best c++ is by its creator
straustrop(probably spelt wrong)
it is not a Visual C++ book but you don't really need one that is specific for it......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back