Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best upgrade path for vmpro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foosy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
I have vmpro 9.0.3
I just realized that $CLI_NAME was only implemented from 9.1 and this is why it is not working on my platform.

Is the upgrade to 9.1 free? If not, is it worth upgrading to a different version? 10 or 11 ? Will it require updating the ip office version also ?

you can upgrade the VmPro to 9.1 without upgrading the IPO but it is not recommended by Avaya

I would say do it and test it and I am pretty sure that you won't have issues. If you do then downgrade again.

Backups are your friend :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Alternatively if you need to upgrade the IPO as well then V11 is the only sensible option
(V9.1 is now unsupported & the cost should be the same anyway)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Just to confirm- vmpro 9.0 to 9.1 is a paid upgrade?

if you upgrade the IPO to match (failing to do so may work but is unsupported) then yes - at wich point you will only get a V11 upgrade licence (after migration to PLDS0) from Avaya now

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back