Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Upgrade from BCM50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

george66

Technical User
Jun 29, 2006

I want to dump my BCM50 due to reliability problems. I don't need more capacity, just more reliability. If so, what is the best system to go to? For example, is the BCM400 better than the 200? Should I dump Nortel altogether?

I find the BCM50 more reliable than the BCM400 but i have no experience with v4.0 yet witch is Linux based the same as the BCM50, i can only assume the reliability with improve with the upgrade.

We have many 50's in the field and very little problems compared to many I have seen over the years. What kind of problems are you having?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

If you don't need IP funtionality you can use a norstar. They are solid as a rock, but the bcm50's are too. We have no problems with them at all. I wouldn't move to a 200/400. What exactly is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back