Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

best solution for "hotel" setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
Hi guys I'm after a phone system for a client that follows a hotel structure. He wants clients to be able to book business rooms on a half day

or full day basis, each client with their own DID and voicemail box...

Problem is the system should be able to do 2 important things:

1) client to be able to "log in" on the phone of whichever room he is in on a given day (may not be the same) and the system will start routing

his assigned DID to that room.

2) for system software (on a PC maybe) to be able to log all incoming/outgoing and be able to bill client on his usage (based on rates we punch

in at the start).

Optionally wouls be great if we could have software on a touch sensitive TFT hooked to the phone system, so the switchboard assistants could

use that instead of phones with KIM modules etc....

Initially I assumed a BCM could do all this but apparently it cant. Am i right? if so which manufacturer can you guys recommend?

Many thx

A Cisco CallManager phone system is capable of something like this. You could use their "extension mobility" feature to allow the clients to log into the phone.

Is the client going to keep the DID number permanently?

Da-vi'do

P.S. For the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u. Please leave a post on how u fixed the problem too.

If Nortel doesn't fit your needs Mitel has been a leader in small Hotel/Motel for years. The main thing is the reporting & charging information, Ig you are including phone charges- the proper LD/local providers might be ables to give you a cost effective per minute rate that individual charges are not even a factor.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Cisco call manager handles everthing you stated you want. And it is probably the most cost effective solution for you.

Hicom 100e with caraccus hotel package.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Cisco Call Manager--- Cost effective. I don't think so.

Avaya IP Office has this exact feature and it can also be set up to log the phone in with the user depending on what user logs into the PC.

For example Sue logs into her PC and the phone next to it logs it with here DID and all of here feature buttons programmed on her phone. Then when she logs out, the phone logs out and becomes a NoUser phone. Then when Joe logs into the same PC, the phone becomes Joe's phone.

As well as many more features--- 100+

I also has a built in conference bridge that can hold up to 64 clients in one conference call.

how much is a "small office" IP office settup with VM?

Per Katzeyes original post VM is required. I have rented a facility like this and they do usually provid receptionist and VM service.

The Avaya Definity/Call Manager system with most any vendors Prop Management Systems will: unrestrict the room, put the name on the room, open up a voicemail box, and keep track of calls using the voicemail call accounting package(homisco), and then forward this information to the PM system for charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back