Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

best results for titles please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbskate

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
NZ
a few questons on titles

what is the best way to set up and save a title in photoshop. because when i do it how i think, they come out rough in prem with lots of small artifacts around the letters.i have tried adjusting the color depths(my blk is 16 and my white is 235) i even gave it a slight blur.

my other quetions is about codecs because when i play the title un rendered it appears fine but once i render it i think the codec freacks out and thats when it starts looking bad.
i am using the standard microsoft dv pal compressor

If you're building titles in Photoshop as slides, then it sounds as if you might be chromakeying them to achieve transparency. You might consider using an alpha channel mask, instead, which can be as crisp as you like. Here's a related tutorial that I use a lot:

Step 10 is where I start making the alpha channel. Experience has shown that at times it can make a crisper result to do my select-by-color, then increase my selection by one pixel.

But whatever works for you.

When you import the image into Premiere, select Video >> Transparency >> Alpha Channel >> OK.

That ought to get you working!

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back