Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Remote Support Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurveySimon

Technical User
Sep 5, 2005
CA
Hi,

I have IT Tech who has a small business supporting other small businesses for their office computer systems. I am wanting to provide remote support more frequently and easily to my clients. These are the features that I need:

1. Is not based upon a Static IP for their router? (most of my clients have dynamic IPs from their provider)
3. Is not based upon them initiating the connection.
4. Is not based upon them allowing me access or control. (I would like to access some of the systems in their off hours when no one is around)
5. Allows for a fast clear connection over Highspeed lines.
6. Easy and RELIABLE!!!! for everyone to use

To be able to control their system, they should have static ip (internet ip) on their machines. Using VNC would mae your job easier. go to and search for it. Using Citrix would be good as well but will cost you alot.

Using a dynamic ip would be possible but your client must give you the ip address from the time they reset their router.

Hope this help.

Thank you for your reply Noeluylee. I have already used VNC quite abit, but it is limited. I find it to be quite finicky and unreliable when you need it the most. I am thinking of tools like or These are all paid subscription type tools, but i would like to know if anyone else has anything better. So far i like the best. The interface is very extensive. Comments appreciated. Thank you.

Simon

yup the tools you mentioned are good, i already used the mywebexpc. :)

Thank also :)

If you're having problem with accessing using dynamic ip, you may want to check this site :) might be a help as well.

Noel

I now you mentioned VNC not being the best, but you may want to check out my FAQ:
Also, feel free to download a copy of my remote support tool. Its just a simple batch file with the necessary VNC files:
Hope this helps.

I like children. If they're properly cooked.
-- W.C. Fields

Check out
It's licenced per admin not per client so its cheap cheap cheap.

also you can do everything from add groups to run remote CMD to full remote control and can be set up for Shared password, NT/AD Permissions, you can take remote of machines in various domains set credentials separately. And loads more!

Good luck,
Iain
Snr Salesman
Dameware Inc.
Ps. Lol, just kidding!

WE use pcanywhere to get to servers and vnc to go from servers to terminals. If customer doesn't have a static IP then we register them with no-ip.com, we have an account setup through them, then in pcanywhere we enter customername.no-ip.com for the ip address and it goes right to them.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back