Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best program for creating ebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptowner

Technical User
Jan 15, 2019
US
Hi everyone,
I have a book that has been written about healthy lifestyles, but need to change it into an electronic book. I want it to be a workbook that has space on the side or can create a link to another page to write notes or highlight words or phrases that can then be synced and read by an accountability coach that helps check the progress of the user through the internet. It needs to be free-flowing and I want the users to be able to save their progress. It would be cool to be downloadable so they can use it offline but be able to have a way for it to self delete after their subscription ends or finish a free trial, also needs to be non-transferable (needs to be protected). Would indesign be the best option for creating this? Is this even considered an ebook? Can ebooks be workbooks? Can this be created using a program that can be created by someone who does not know how to program or has a knowledge in programming needed to create this? It would also be good if videos could be included in this text. This may be turned into an app for a phone in the future, so if it could be made on something that could transfer the data easily to create an app that would be great. Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back