Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Practices Guide for New Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumgait

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
CA
I wonder if this is the proper forum to ask this question but here goes.

I am a new Lotus Notes Developer. I have bought several of the Application Development books on Notes and Domino R5. What I think I am looking for is a "Best Practices Guide for New Developers".

I am early in my Notes development career. I am still struggling with learning the basics - at this point I am trying to digest just the formula lanaguage. LotusScript, Javascript, Java, and XML are just way to advanced for me right now.

I have taken the TeamStudio LifeCycle Solo course - it is in my opinion very good at laying a solid foundation for early developers. I wish the LifeCycle course had more R5 and web content though.

Does anyone else out there recommend other sources of material that would provide some "best practices guidelines for "new developers" - especially in the use of the formula language.

Thanks again

John Falloon

The Lotus yellow books are good references for beginning developers. The Lotus Domino Designer 5 Vol 1 "formula language" and The Lotus Domino Designer 5 "Application Development with Domino Designer" were very helpful when I was starting out. Also there is a "Sams Teach Yourself Lotus Notes and Domino R5" text that may be helpful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back