Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeBrown

Technical User
May 18, 2001
US
If anyone has any documents (or ideas) regarding businessobjects best practices for universe/report design, admin, deployment, infrastructure etc and would be willing to share it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Lee

The documentation that comes with BO is relatively full of marketing fluff and not too technical. I just picked up the Business Objects Companion, by David Jackson. Although a little outdated (talks about versions 3 and 4) it has some good chapters on universe design, relational data modeling and administration.

Jon

one trick I did that helps my 'chats' with auditors, I made a BO tablespace, and granted select to it and made synonyms in it.

this enforces the fact the BO is read only, and allows you to hide tables that you do not want the designers to use. I love everyone til they prove otherwise, sadly some prove otherwise SO quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back