Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Practice On Server Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulray

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
CA
Any recommendations on whether it's acceptable to run Domain Server, IIS and MSSQL 7 on same server, or should they be broken out across different machines? Currently Win2K Server and intranet has 7 mixed Win2K/XP clients, and we have another 12 clients that access IIS from internet. Currently running services across 4 servers, 2 of which are scheduled to be removed/replaced.
Thanks for your input.

currently I am at a location with a sql7 box that is also a domain controller box to many issues and memory leaks, I am currently building new 2000 boxes and separate all. Sql should be on its own box as well as IIS depending on how big your network is and how big your databases are on sql I have 400 users so who hits what box when and how often, I would keep the separate but that is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back