Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best practice for one, multiple, ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technokrat

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
using CR 7.0, also new to developing for CR

I'm working on an inventory/po system, and I was wondering what the best / recommended method is for handling the following:

We have a dialog that allows the user to select one or more PO's for printing. How do we configure/control CR so it will just print the report for the selected purchase orders?

I have the following ideas, but I'm open to suggestions. Is CR capable of handling command line parameters?

If so, could I...
A) compile a string of all the PO #'s and pass this to CR?

B) create a session id, pass this to CR, pull selected PO's from the database using the session id?

Thanks in advance for the feedback...

Best regards,
Steve

I guess what you're saying is that you want to do parameter collection in a proprietary application and pass multiple values to Crystal.

If you use Crystal's parameters you can avoid this.

So, if you prefer to pass it from code, then at least supply the programming language you intend to do so with...

You won't be using command line programming, you either invoke a report that has a parameter, or you can control this sort of thing from code and use a Crystal API.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back