Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Place to Invoke Order Confim

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnCronin

Technical User
Jun 13, 2003
US
I have written a application that sends order confirmations. It is implemented as an active x component and it's methods can be invoked from vb6.

My question is: using Flexibity, what is the best way to cature the completion of the order.

The best way I have found is to invoke your code when the cursor returns to the 'Order Type' field on the 'Enter Orders' Header screen (OE0101.0). I usually set the macform.tag to <empty> when the screens opens, then reset it to the Order Type and Order Number when the user has selected (or created) one. When the user finishes entering line items, the cursor always goes back to the Order Type field which allows you to run Flex code after Macola has finished writing all the line items. In the Type_GotFocus event, if the macform.tag is not blank then run some code. The previous Order Type and Order No are preserved in the macform.tag, so you can read/write to the data tables without any locked record issues. Remember to clear the macform.tag when you're done!

Thanks very much for your response. I had been using fields where I saved the ord_no and cus_no each time they entred a line item. Your method is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back