Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEST METHOD TO PLACE PICTURES IN *.ai

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbrain4

Technical User
Nov 3, 2003
CA
Hello,

1. I have created a logo solely in Illustrator 10 and saved it as an *.ai project.
2. I opened up my project in Illustrator 10 that is also solely designed in Illustrator 10. I tried to place this small *.ai logo into this other document (within illustrator).
3. The option to place *.ai files is not there. So I tried outputting that logo as a TIFF and then importing it back into the main project and it is all jagged.

WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD FOR PLACING VECTOR LOGOS CREATED IN ILLUSTRATOR BUT TARGETTING A ILLUSTRATOR PROJECT

Why don't you just group it & copy it from the first file & paste it into the second? Illustrator to Illustrator should pose no problems in transferring the data.

Let me try that. Another thing TAD,

For some reason the colors that were printed out FROM the PDF are totally NOT the same as the CMYK colors in the project.

The PDF was made by going to PRINT in *.ai, and then choosing Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro as the printer, then OK.

However on screen the colors of the PDF look the same as the CMYK in *.ai project.

You can SAVE AS in Illustrator to a .pdf file. Maybe that will keep your colors more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back