Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

best IP converter ot analog/paging device to use 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

headcase69

Programmer
Nov 2, 2011
US
hey guys,

we have an IP500v2 R8. we have 2 buildings that are connected via wireless. I want to put a couple of paging horns in the new building that is connected via wireless. is there a certain/better device to use to make sure the paging works. if I read correctly, I may need to get a 3rd party IP endpoint license?

anyhow, any suggestions would be great!

thanks....

Hey there, I have set up and connected a SNOM PA1 to my IP Office IP500vs R8.

The paging audio is quite unsurpassed in excellent quality compared to an analog connection.

Also, since this device is a SIP connection, the pure excellent Avaya IP Deskphone Audio sounds like HD Voice when broadcast over the paging speakers through this device. You also do not get a C.O./Analog Disconnect "POP" or "Click" when the Drop button is pressed. I have placed a diagram for use for you below:

Let me know if you have questions.

SNOMPA1_nmlcq3.jpg

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Sorry for the dumb question, but do I need (I think I do) a SIP license to use this device? I have IP Endpoints, but just wondering about the SIP license....

Thanks again...

A 3rd party endpoint licence, they are mainly used for SIP devices but not exclusively :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back